dinsdag 4 juni 2013

No one got injured

Last weekend I had another family weekend. This time with the family at my fathers side. Now you probably wonder what I mean with my title. Well, ever since we started a family weekend every year, there had not been one where everybody got home without any injuries. Last year for example, one of my uncles broke his teeth during a competition; who gets first over the finish line (in the tops of the trees). The years before that people broke bones, but not this year.

Yes my family loves a little competition, they always want to be the best and they will go a little bit farther then they actually could.

This year only phones broke (phones and water don’t always see eye to eye).

I enjoyed the weekend a lot (a little distraction is always good).

I’ve tried some archery and surprised myself, I wasn’t as bad as I thought I would be. I mean I’ve hit the balloon when I was supposed to. Not that it went well from the first try, my arrow hit the object of the other team (I aimed to the one of us).

After shooting some arrows we went and sit down by the fire for some chatting.

Sleeping was one of the things I had not enjoyed. When I went to bed, my toes where frozen (I wasn’t wearing proper shoes for the night) and they kept me awake. Just when I almost fell asleep my adorable three year old niece (not so adorable then) started to cry and scream in her sleep (something she apparently does often), for her to be quiet you had to first wake her up, but she couldn’t hear her mom. So you can understand after no sleep in the weekend I was pretty exhausted.

I’ve had good conversations, good tips (always welcome) and some lovely time with my younger nieces that dragged my every where to show me stuff and to play with me.

The keep it short, it was lovely to see everybody again. I had a great time.


How was your weekend?

xx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten