dinsdag 20 januari 2015

First step

In my new year’s resolutions I’ve talked about how I wanted to challenge myself. By doing things that lay out of my comfort zone, things that make me feel anxious. The reason to it, my anxiety is still a big obstacle in my daily routine. So this month I took my first step in this, I’ve got a job in my local supermarket for a couple hours  a week. It’s not necessary because I want to, but because it would be good for me to have something to leave the house for and where I’m forced to be with other people. At least this what my psychologist used to tell me all the time, and what my parents tell me every day, so that must be true right?  

It’s only a part-time job as a cashier in a supermarket, nothing exciting or interesting and nothing permanent. It is last week that I’ve started with the training and also with a few hours, something that already cost some panic and anxious feelings. It will probably take a while before it becomes routine, “normal”, and without the uncomforted of anxiousness. But doesn’t that mean this is the right step for me, that it is definitely it lies outside my comfort zone. The plus side is that the people that work there, soon my colleagues, are very nice and friendly, my boss knows of my anxiety with takes the pressure away a bit.
It would be great to feel comfortable in my own skin and I think this is a good step towards that. I hope it will not only bring confidence, but also a routine that makes me productive. Just so that I get things done, such as homework, blog and writing. Things I often procrastinate with, it’s easy to tell myself that I will do it tomorrow because I have enough time and that every day again and again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten