vrijdag 3 juli 2015

June favourites 2015

Summer has actually arrived now, well, I  could say a few degrees less would be better, but I’m not complaining. At night 1:00 AM a heavy thunderstorm awoke us, this says a lot about the thunder because I sleep very heavy and rarely wake up from anything, not a sound. So all awake we sit in line on our terrace looking up at the sky watching the thunderstorm shoot, it’s lightning to the ground and listen to it rumbling loudly, just like we used to do when we were little.

I know it has been rather quiet here on my blog. This last month has been filled with doubt, not so much doubt on whether I would continue this blog, but more doubt about the things I think, say, do or an idea that pops up in my mind. My mind goes almost immediately to a negative space, where I go and think it was stupid, worthless and incredibly dumb idea.
                The thing is, for the past couple of months my anxiety is more of a constant factor than one that only comes up when something ‘terrifying’ is about to happen. It’s now a constant feeling of worries and doubt, my stomach is almost all day filled with nervous butterflies. With that, my OCD has been terrible as well. (This is a subject I don’t really talk about, because I feel slightly ashamed for having it, I also won’t go into details. Perhaps with some time I might, if it would be helpful for others). I never really worked on it like I have with my anxiety, I always waved it away saying ‘it isn’t that bad’, ‘it doesn’t really bothering me’, ‘it doesn’t affect my life’. The truth is I can’t really live with it, it does bother me, it keeps me doing from certain things and it does affect my life. So this month for the first time I properly started working on my OCD, with the help of a
psychologist. Something I should have done sooner, before it all went a bit crazy.

As for the coming month, I will keep fighting my OCD and anxiety. Also, I plan on doing some work and hope to be more active on my blog, although the heath hasn’t been good help, it made me lazy and every bit of movement creates sweat. J

My favourites in the month of June:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: In the beginning of the month of June I’ve read this book and it didn’t took look before the story swallowed me in. It is a thrilling book that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Although the end didn’t quite measured up to the rest of the story, but that didn’t stop me from thinking it was a good book.

Casuelle vanilla cream Lip balm: Moisturizing and a delicious vanillary sent and I love vanilla. Only    € 0.99.

Palmer’s Shea butter formula with vitamin E concentrated cream: My hands are uncomfortably dry, So a good hand cream would be helpful. This particular one I had once before during wintertime and forgot how rich and creamy it was. It leaves a layer of moisturizing goodness.

Chocolate: This is a bit of a weird one for me, as I’m usually not such a chocolate lover. But lately I’ve been craving chocolate, the extra creamy one from Milka.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten