zaterdag 18 juli 2015

Two days of Amsterdam

I have had a lovely two days in Amsterdam this week with my mom. On Tuesday very early in the morning we went, by car, on our way to Amsterdam and checked into our hotel around 10.30. We decided weeks ago on a mystery hotel (it was cheap) and only knew what the hotel was 48 hours before. It was a surprise to find out that the hotel we were going to stay was 4 stars, we never stayed in such a luxury hotel before. The only downside I thought it had was that the bathroom door couldn’t be locked and was made of matt glass, I’m the kind of person who locks the bathroom door even when I know no one is around and the house is empty, but I survived these two days.

After we checked in and dumped our stuff in the hotel room we took the bus to get to the Rijksmuseum, something we planned on doing. First of all it is a beautiful building both outside as inside and of course it was massive. Perhaps a bit too big, as we didn’t see all the paintings in there. So after what must have been a couple of hours in the museum, we went to get some drink and a stroll around Amsterdam. Along the famous canals, but also had a look in the American apparel, where I fell in love with a beautiful jumpsuit. A bit more expensive as I normally would go for, but I looked great and was really comfortable, I mean really comfortable so of course I had to have it.
By this time our feet were killing us, our stomachs were empty and shops started to close. So fill our stomachs, we went to have some pasta at dinner and after that we went back to our hotel.


The next day we started with a delicious but large breakfast. I had, toast, bacon, beans in tomato sauce, sausages, croissant, yogurt, granola, fruit, tea and some orange juice. I know it’s a lot, but I had a hard time choosing.
We cleared out our room, checked out and got back on the same bus as the day before. We planned on doing some more strolling around Amsterdam and do a little shopping. First stop was Kiehls were a lovely friendly lady gave me personalized advice for my skin and I got some products to try out. Of course I went into many more shops, but I forgot their names and there were many. But what I could tell you is that the next time I go to Amsterdam I won’t go to the Kalverstraat again, the atmosphere there wasn’t as good as some other parts of Amsterdam.
At the end of the day before heading home we planned to walk through one of the gardens behind the museum, but unfortunately by the time we got there it was closed. Which made me a bit upset, but at the end it didn’t make these two days any less great.


 A collection of things I have bought.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. It's nice that you had some bonding time with your mother. I'm glad that you two had a good time. I like the photos that you took.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you. I’m glad it turned out so well and that we enjoyed ourself.

      Verwijderen