maandag 21 juli 2014

Change

It’s official now, since a day, my life is going to change drastically at the end of August and the beginning of September. Of course, this isn’t the first change I have had on my life and this won’t be the last, but it’s the biggest one I had so far. My childhood will be officially over. I will be going to school again and this time for real, the last two years have been a waste, first choosing something I later found out was definitely not something for me and second my anxiety who had a hold on my life so big I couldn’t do anything. This time I will do something that is out of my comfort zone, which does frighten me. I will be educated to become a journalist if everything goes right at least, and I do look forward to this whole experience.

So first I will have an introduction of four days, where I don’t know what we will be doing or where it will find places and where I will be in a group of people I never met before. That is something that was already out of my comfort zone, but what I will be studying even more so, as you might know about me, I have social anxiety and that is probably making it a bit harder to go out and do the things journalist do. Now I’m not complaining or anything, it was my choice and I’m still standing for it. I really do feel excitement as well if I think about it, I mean there is a reason I have chosen for becoming a journalist, because something about this profession attracts me so much.

This is not the only change that is going to happen coming school year, I’m moving out my family home. So this means I’m looking very hard to find a place where I can live, if I don’t find one before September I will still move out of my family home only I will be living at my grandmothers until I do find a place, she lives a lot closer to where I will study.

All these changes lead to one thing, me having to grow up a little, I know that I will never be a real grownup, right?, I will have responsibility and by that I don’t mean doing chores at home, doing my homework or such I mean paying bills and taxes real grownup thing plus the chores and homework. But this is good, right? Because if nothing would ever change I would have to worry so much more (that would not be healthy) and I think I’m ready for this huge change to happen even though I’m scared and perhaps a little doubtful whether I can really do all of that, but I will find a way. I know I will.

 


4 opmerkingen:

  1. This sounds so exciting! What a fabulous new chapter in your life! I wish you much luck with this latest adventure!!

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you,all luck is welcome!! I look forward to start this adventure!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I really hope that you enjoy learning journalism and become more brave and confident.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen