zondag 6 juli 2014

Summer essentials



My seven weeks of summer freedom have started and I thought it would be fun to share some of my summer essentials. But before I will start with that, I just wanted you to know, that because I have seven weeks where I’m free I will try and put even more post on. Also, after I have my photo taken and uploaded I noticed I forgot to put two items in it, therefore I will mention them later on but there will not be a picture of them.

Jumpsuit: The great thing about a jumpsuit is that it’s so easy to put on, because it’s a one piece and therefore you don’t need to be bothered about what you will wear with it (except the accessories and shoes). Also, because it’s not a skirt there is not much change you will share your underpants and another plus it’s very very comfortable to wear.

Hat: This hat you might have seen before in my latest favorites and the reason you see it again is because it’s perfect to disguise bad hair, to protect your face and hair from the burning sun, which is perfect because summer brings hot summer days with lots of sun.

Sunglasses: The sun is shining and it’s not a luxury, but very well needed. My favorite pair of sunglasses is these round Sunnis I bought a couple of years (perhaps two) from Topshop, wearing them ever since, even though they are a bit too big for me and falling down my nose, I just love the look of them.

Sun cream: The sun is shining and with a pale skin as mine is it will burn, so some protection would be very welcome. I always chose the one with the highest SPF I can find. I do think it’s a good idea to use sun cream no matter what skin type or colour you are.

A book: I always love to read, but when it’s summer time I read the most. Because I have the time, but also what’s better than sitting in the shadows under a tree with a good book (except ice-cream maybe).

Day cream with SPF: The skin on your face should not be forgotten to protect against the sun, so I use this day cream with SPF 30 to moisturize and protect my skin from the Body shop for .

Shorts: These shorts are by far my favourite pair of shorts I have, they are comfortable, I like the high waist, the fit and I love the orange colour. I bought these last year from Primark.

Boots: Me and my family hike in nature a lot during summer, always did. Through the forest, mountains if we have the change. So a pair of proper good hiking boots are a must have for me, this pair I got when I got my first diploma of the school, which is around 5 years ago. And still they are as good as new.

Bikini: This is one I forgot about putting in the picture with my other essentials, but is definitely an essential for summer as it is the time to go swimming. I do have one I love from with the H&M I bought I think I bought a year ago. Its blue and gray with a small bright green triangle in the middle.

Sandals: The reason that this one isn’t in the picture is simply because I don’t have any, but my feet really need a pair of sandals, so they can breath during hot days. My task this summer will be finding a pair of sandals I like.

What are your Summer essentials you can’t live without?



3 opmerkingen:

  1. Great selection!! I love a good Stephen King book too!

    I left you a little cadeau on my latest post! : )

    Gemma
    Faded Windmills

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I have always wanted to try a jumpsuit--I have yet to find one though in my vicinity =/ But you are only convincing more that I need one!
    http://hansenandheidelberg.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Good, because I wouldn't want you to miss out on this comfort!
      xx

      Verwijderen