maandag 30 juni 2014

June Favourites


June has come to an end and that means it is time for me to do another monthly favourites. I do think that June has been a great month, this month I have had more viewers than any month before, which does make me thankful and gives me more energy to continue and to do more.

Now the favourite items for this month.

Dungarees: I have own this dungaree for over a year now and never had the courage to wear it, but this month that has changed. Not that I felt extra courageous, but because I wanted to start wearing the clothes I like, because I like them and not because others will and for me to do that is just to make a start with it. So I put my dungarees on, with a striped shirt and some sneakers (perhaps not the most stylist way) and went out. A big step and to my surprise, I felt very comfortable and very me whilst wearing my dungarees, and feeling very me is something I haven’t done I quite some time.

I did wear them during my family weekend and I suspected that my family would have some comments in the more negative vibe and would really hate this, but not even that happened and all that I got were compliments on what I wore.

Hat: To continue on the theme of wearing items that are out of my comfort zone; here’s this hat. This one I have for two years now and the only time that I wore this was in my house where no one could see me, this is because I feel that the hats are such statement pieces and you will notice someone is wearing a hat immediately. But because I want keep making my comfort zone bigger I started wearing this hat out, during a small day of shopping in my hometown (which isn’t really shopping, only getting the things that we needed). I was very aware of the fact that I was the only one wearing a hat that day, I was constantly looking for someone who was wearing a hat as well but there weren’t any. Even though I didn’t feel as comfortable when I was wearing my dungarees, but I did feel proud I did wear my hat outside and will do more often.

Vase: This was a lucky find in our basement and when we found it, it wasn’t a vase yet. It was a bottle full of stuff to cook mussels in, it wasn’t usable anymore because it was in the basement for a little too long. It probably came out one of my dads Christmas packages of work and nobody in our house like mussels. But that doesn’t matter to me, because I have a cute vase that hasn’t cost me a thing. These finds make me so happy!


Book: 100 wereld plekken die je gezien moet hebben by Floortje Dessing. This book I’ve has been given to my by my psychologist at our last meeting. He gave it to me, because he knew I love and look up to Floortje Dessing, I said it during an exposure (where I had to give a presentation about what I would want to do with my life). If there’s one thing I would love to do for a living, it would be what she’s doing, travelling the world and tell others about it, meet all sorts of different people from different countries, with different cultures and with different stories. He remembered this and because he had this book in his house he wanted to give the book to me. Normally they won’t give a present to a patient, but he thought this was too perfect to not do it and to be honest, this does make feel a bit special and I’m very happy with this book, because it’s filled with so many places a would like to visit and it’s written by someone I think is awesome. I’m very thankful that he did give me this book. 

Cake: Last Friday I talked about a cake that I would make that day for my birthday and this is the cake. Instead of just using only the whipped cream and sprinkles, I added some fruit to make it even more delicious and perhaps a little bit healthier. And let me tell you, it has been a very delicious cake and we all enjoyed it very much.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed wearing your dungarees and I'm sure you'll get use to wearing your hat in public. My goal is to be more daring with my fashion choices as well. I often see clothes that I like which I don't have the courage to wear so I decided that I should just wear what I like and not worry about it. The cake looks lovely. I love cake with lots of cream. I hope you had a happy birthday.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you found the courage to wear what you like and not worry about it. xx

      Verwijderen