vrijdag 13 juni 2014

The Glion

 
Today I’m staying at my Granny and Granddad. They live in a high flat, almost at the top. On the lower floor, under the staircase, there lives a Glion. For who does not know a Glion, a Glion is a lion, but it’s lot’s bigger and has three heads. I’m always terrified to pass there, just imagine the Glion crabs me! And he will, the Glion, if I’m not too careful, he’s always hungry and looking for children to eat. That’s why I go the fastest that I can when I pass him, so he won’t get me.


In the living room down by Granny and Granddad there’s a very large clock ticking on the cabinet, and every now and then there sounds: Ding Dong, Dong Ding very loud through the living room. Now I’m sitting on the table watching Granddad playing a game of cards. I feel very bored, so I’m asking Granny if she has something to do for me, she always has and now she is taking me to her secret attic. It’s not really an attic, it’s a small hallway in their bedroom behind a small door, it has a low ceiling where I can’t even stand straight. If you go in there you will find all sorts of toys to play with, dolls, Barbie dolls, dollhouses, puzzles, drawing tools and lot’s more. Today I feel like drawing and so I take the drawing tools with me.



After we had dinner later that day, my tummy feels stuffed and Granny tells me to go to bed, even though I’m not tired yet, but I decided to listen. Granny tells me a bedtime story. I look around the room, in front of me there’s two picture frames with pictures of creepy gardens. I think there’re living witches in them. Outside there’s the sound of cars whiz by and in the cracks of curtain and walls you see their headlights flash. If Granny is done, telling the bedtime story she closes the book and kisses me Goodnight. With a pacifier in my mouth, my hands and one around me neck I feel sleep is coming. My eyelids are getting heavy and slowly they’re closing.


The sun comes through the cracks of curtain and wall, the sunlight shines in my eyes and it is waking me up. I’m blinking with me eyes and stretch my eyes, slowly my eyes get used to the light that comes from the window. I look through the room, for a moment I forgot where I am, but soon I remembered I was staying and my Grannies and Granddad's home.


Granny and I are going to feed the deer today. We will take a big bag full of old bread with us. First, we dress ourselves warmly and then we go outside to feed the deers. Through the door and down the stairs. But jus before I will pass the last bit of stairs, I listen carefully to the sound of the Glion and looking slow through the floor to check if the Glion is there. There he is, licking is large paws, waiting for a child to pass. I don’t want to become a prey to him, so I make myself ready to run as quick as I can, but carefully on my toes. I run down the stairs, I feel is hot like rotting meat smelling breath down my neck. “Quick Granny through the door before it get’s us!”. When me and Granny are outside I hear the beast roar loud and vicious. He’s angry and hungry, he hasn’t eaten for weeks I’ve heard.


The deers are enjoying the bread, they like it so much that it’s gone in no time, not leaving even a crumb behind.


When all the bread has been eaten, Granny and I are going back home. Once we stand in front of the flat again, I feel anxiety growing inside me, so before I will go in I look through the window to see if the Glion is awake and on the lurk, but I don’t see him. So I go inside, still no Glion to see, only it’s cave under the staircase. I approach the stairs, but then all of a sudden, the Glion! Out of his cave, a big roar sounds out of the head on the right side, he’s coming towards me, barring the way to the stairs, I’m scared! His big paws sway, though the air, a big thunderous roar sounds through the building, it makes all my bones shiver. His teeth form all the three heads shine right in front of me. A claw misses me by a hair, but not my dress and it rips, kgggggg. I can’t find a way out, I panic, where do I go? Then Granny walks in, just in time. Her entrance distracts the Glion and his three heads. Gives me just enough time to slip pass him and up the stairs, Granny is just behind me. Quick we go to the door, inside is where we will be saved.


Once Granny and I are inside she makes me a freshly squeezed orange juice without sheets, because I have been so brave today. Granddad is still playing, not knowing what has happened and we will keep it that way.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten