zaterdag 7 juni 2014

Day Zero Update #1

The first three months of the day zero project have past, so it’s time for me to write my first update. I have not exactly achieved as many goals as I thought I would have in a period of 3 months, only two goals. And with one goal I’m not entirely pleased with one and of those none has been getting the money box, which means I have nowhere to put the 4, - that I have earned. But to be fair the first two of the three months was the end of my therapy and at that time I had to do a lot before I was ready to leave it all behind. And that means that those months were consuming a lot of time and energy and left me barely anything to do other things. The week after I left I gave myself a little break/holiday to get me all energized again. But all of that is now behind me and from now on (at least until august) I have more time to achieve my goals and to be fully committed to do what I love most (blogging).

Let's start with the two goals I did achieve and then move on to the ones I have just been busy with.

78. Finish my therapy.
A few posts back I talked about my last day at therapy, this means I achieved this goal and earned 2,-. If you would like to read more about this you can find here more about my anxiety and here to read about my last day.


15. Get a new profile picture.
As you might be able to tell I have changed my profile picture, but I’m not exactly happy with this picture so I will go ahead and look further and perhaps wait until I clear up a bit (my skin mostly). But for now; this goal is achieved.


17. 2 posts a week.
I started out doing this for a couple and weeks until my anxiety took over again and I stopped for a little while. But I got myself together again and took another start of this and will try to continue with this. Before I will accept this goal as achieved I need to have kept this going at least until the beginning of august and that is exactly what I want to be going at.


16. Share some writing I have made.
I have this particular story I wanted to put online for a whole lot of time, but before I can do this I will first have to translate it. And I have been putting that of constantly, perhaps because it is a lot of work and ofcourse because I’m pretty scared about what you would think, but I made a plan that I will start this tomorrow and will have the story up by the end of the week. The story is about me when I was around four years old and will be about the fantasy in which I lived. I won’t say anything else, so if you want to know more then you will have to wait until next week.

26. Every month a picture of myself (2/33).
The idea of this is that I will put all the pictures together and post them at the end of this project (or perhaps in-between as well) so I can see how much or little I have changed. I already took the pictures from April and May.

54. Bake 5 different muffins (2/5).
The first muffin you have seen come across here on my blog and I can tell you I loved it, it’s by far the best muffin I tasted so far. The second one was less of a success and I will not make them any time soon, the texture was dry. It was a banana berry one.

57. Make a custom recipe book.
Last year I got a blank recipe book to put all kinds of tasty recipes in them. And for the last five/six months I have been adding several recipes in it, also I’m on the hunt for some tasty and healthy budget recipes because it will not last long until I will start with my study and move out of my family home. And as a student, I won’t have a lot of money.

66. Read 100 books (3/100).
I read a little less than I normally did, mostly because the same reason I haven’t achieved many goals. The books that I have read all been a pleasure to read.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: I was exited to read this and it didn’t do under of my expectation, it’s about the future with one girl as the main character who is about to become pretty, but a newly made friend has an other thought and makes it a hell lot more difficult to achieve this. Her friend runs away and she is forced to go after her. If you would like to know the rest you should definitely read it too. It’s the first book in a series.
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay: A book about a journalist who is doing research and write an article about  the Vel’ d’Hiv’ roundup, when she does that she finds out that in the house she is going to move has lived a ten year old girl who at the time was brutally arrested with her family by the French police. The women (journalist) get so fascinated by this girl that she tries to find out everything about her. The story had made me cry even in public (whilst on the train), I think it is a very good book.
The Diary of Miss Idilia by Genevieve Hill: A tragic love story that takes place during a holiday along the Rhine with the family of Miss Idilia. This book was over so quickly, it’s easy to read, it’s perhaps not the favourite of these three, but still a good book.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten