woensdag 18 juni 2014

Busy weekend




Friday evening around eight o’clock we left home to head to our family weekend with my father's side of the family. Two nights we stayed there and mom forgot to bring the plugs of the airbed, so we had to come up with replacement for that. Luckily an uncle of mine thought of sticking some bamboo sticks in there. That did work, only my bed was a bit too hard and I was afraid that when I would leave a bit of air out I wouldn’t get the stick back in. So the nights of sleep in our little tent weren’t that comfortable and left me pretty tired when the weekend was over.


When we arrived all of them were watching soccer and cheering for the Netherlands, but as I’m not really that big of a fan of soccer, me and some others that weren’t either, went outside with some tea and enjoying the view we had.


At this very weekend I have surprised myself big time, normally this kind of weekend is a big trigger for my anxiety. I don’t see my family very often and it’s a big group of people all being very extrovert and well, I’m not. But I made conversations, had a laugh and really enjoyed myself, of course, there were times my anxiety was triggered. My cousin was interviewing me about my anxiety and gave me a task he thought was good for me, which made me feel very uncomfortable, but saying this to him was something I didn’t know how to, of course he was meaning well and probably didn’t know this was bothering me. I do really appreciate his thought and what he was trying to do, it's a very nice thought and I know he was trying to help, but it only made it worse that day.


Saturday we chatted some more, went to Sneek (which was fun, there was music and people dancing and performing), had a game of volley-ball and found out I suck at volleyball, I missed every ball I possibly could. In the evening we had a BBQ and filled ourselves with delicious chicken and both nights that we were there we sat by the fire, we went late to be and made early mornings.


Sunday morning we had to leave early, Eight o’clock to be precise, to get to another family day and this time the family on my mother's side. There we spend our day chatting, throwing water balloons and watching all the dogs play. We ended the day with some delicious dinner and said goodbye.


I had a splendid weekend, but I have a lot of sleep to catch.


Do any of you have these kind of weekends or days where you spent time with your entire family?






1 opmerking:

  1. I am lucky if I get to spend a day with my family. It is a time to be cherished. Thanks for sharing your day and some pictures, Esther.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen