donderdag 10 juli 2014

Thunderstorms

Doors wide open, sitting as close as we could, rain falling inside and touching my skin, wind roughly playing my hair while thunder moved the earth and lighting lighted the world. Mom telling my brother and me to smile, because we were being photographed by someone up there. Cooling the heat of the day down, hearing rain drop on the roof.

     The times where my Mom and Dad woke us up in the middle of the night to watch the thunderstorm in front an open door, on our terrace or in front a window with our pyjamas still on and only half awake with sleep in our eyes. It was like magic watching the lighting against the dark sky lighting our house and listen to the mighty thunder shaking the earth.

While others go inside to hide or even lock themselves up in their toilets, because they’re scared, we didn’t, we weren’t. We sat outside and enjoying it, we always have and probably always will. I must admit that when I was little I never understood it when friends told me they were scared of it, how could they be scared of something so beautiful, I enjoyed it from the first moment my family and I watched it together. For me it was and is one of those magical childhood memories you love and adore and will never ever forget. It still is one of the things I love most of life and it’s still as magical and special it once was.

This doesn’t mean I do not feel fear when I’m cycling or walking in an open area with me as the highest point while thunder is above me, I do know thunder and lightning brings danger and I could get struck by lightning (my mom and dad taught me that). But when I sit safely at home on our terrace, it relaxes me.

 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten