dinsdag 15 december 2015

Driving fun?, 9 days until Christmas


I know there are many people who love to drive, who find it something fun and relaxing. I’m just not one of them. It might be because my wandering mind that isn’t allowed to wander when driving. Perhaps it’s responsibility or the possibility an accident might happen. I just do not feel confident behind the wheel. I did when the driversintructer was still next to me and had a break himself, so he could take control if it was needed.

When I was still learning and had a lesson every week, my driversintructer (especially in the beginning) told me he was worried about me not always a 100% there. Of course I wasn’t, Daydreaming was and still is something I did when I sat in a car staring out the window. Obviously this habit was something that needed to be gone when I am sitting behind the wheel. But it still doesn’t come or feels natural not to do and adds quite a bit of extra stress, as I need to tell myself constantly I need to focus and that my mind should not wander. Another is that I find myself often that the car isn’t doing exactly what I wish to do. But perhaps this all will get better if I start to drive more often and get used to be behind the wheel. It was last October last year I passed my drivers exam, but the times I have driven can probably be counted on both hands.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten