woensdag 16 december 2015

London day 4, 8 days until Christmas

 
Day 4, Thursday 26 November 2015,

It’s the last day, tonight we will fly back to the Netherlands. Today we have planned all the left over thing. Going to Nothing Hill, because there were some scarfs people wanted to buy. Ice skating in the Hyde Park, because last time we had no time to. The days were planned too full. Ice skating was fun, although my feet would tell a different story, but that doesn’t matter because overall I enjoyed it.

Having a proper lunch, there wouldn’t be much time to have a proper dinner tonight. A Burger it is. I decided to have a vegetarian burger, I wasn’t feeling it to eat meat.
I wanted to have a look at the Lush on Oxford street and give the solid lipstick a try, we had a little walk. Then the time was up, we had to go back to our hotel, pick up our suitcases and start our journey back home.

This time we had time to empty our bladders before we had to get on the plane. Although the way back they were stricter, we could bring less fluids than before and had to throw some things away. We were not allowed to have another separate handbag, which definitely caused some panic. I have a bulky camera bag that had to find its way to one of our suitcases.
When we almost fitted all our stuff into the back, we were told that there wasn’t any room for our suitcases anyway and that we could take our handbags out again. Our suitcases would go where the big suitcases always go.
It was evening so the flight was in the dark. I love to see the lights from above of both cities. London has more rounder forms than Amsterdam, in Amsterdam there are a lot more squares and straight lines.
We land, but our journey is not over yet, we have to drive home still. This time the roads are empty which makes the journey a whole lot faster.

Grandma’s home, we sit and talk a bit about what this trip was like, what we liked the most and have a little snack. But because it’s late, it is time for me to go home. My mom was so kind to pick me up, gladly so I couldn’t bare another night like the first (with no sleep at all). It’s an hour drive and we will not be back until 01:45 am. I’m exhausted but glad to be home where everything is up to size. Everything was small in London, the toilet, the sink, the mirror was too low to see my face and I was too tall for the shower. I had to bend my knees to fit my head under, but I couldn’t bend forward to do the same thing because the shower was too narrow. But here at home, I have all the space I need and clean towels (no hairs are found, not even dog ones and we have a Newfoundlander) and clean floor with no mud stains or anything, no cracks in the walls our poorly painted ceilings as we did in the hotel. I was home had a clean bed waiting for me and very soft pajama pants. It’s funny you feel so much more cleaner when you shower the first time your home after a vacation or trip and how incredibly create the bed feels. No spirals sticking in my back or a pillow so flat you can hardly call it a pillow. I can tell you I never slept so good and didn’t want to leave the bed  next morning.

I have enjoyed London incredibly so, even though there were moments my anxiety and OCD took over. And to be honest, I feel proud that I did so well, because before I would go I had my doubts I would make it through these four days. It’s definitely good to leave your comfort zone every now and then and push yourself to do what you are afraid of. It’s only then you will grow and change to be a better and stronger you.
 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten