vrijdag 11 december 2015

London day 3, 13 days until Christmas

 
Day 3 Wednesday, 25 November 2015, 

After yet another night full of sleep, we walked towards the tower bridge, another classic when it comes to trips to London. We had passed it yesterday evening on the bus as well, but wanted to see it during the daylight as well. Plus a great point to walk from along the Thames. From the first of December there would have been an adorable Christmas market, but unfortunately we won’t be there then.

Next stop the St. Pauls cathedral, it’s huge and beautiful. Perhaps a bit strange, but I thought the backside with the trees was much prettier than the front. I guess that’s just a matter of opinion. We only went a few steps inside, but thought it was too expensive to go in. But just seeing it was good enough for now.

There is a whole lot more to do, so up to the next stop. Kings cross, to see 9 ¾ something that warmed my Harry Potter heart very much. And the shop next to it was of much my delight as well and would have bought everything in the store if I had enough money, but I didn’t so I had to make some choices.
Kings cross was just a quick stop, now it was about the books. I had chosen two bookshops I wanted to go to. One a second hand, where I bought four Narnia books. The next bookshop was better than I imagined, Persephone books. The atmosphere was a delight, the books beautiful. The atmosphere was so good that without anxiety I asked the saleslady for help. This is something I never do, I always feel so nervous and anxious in stores, especially when it’s quiet inside and it was. But when I decide to step towards a saleslady I get all nervous, I stutter and no words come out of my mouth like I intended. In this store nothing, just a normal conversation. The lady was so excited and was telling about the books in such a passionate way that it made it very easy for me to ask for help in finding a book. I didn’t knew where to start so any help was needed and now I have a book I’m excited to start to read.
So if you ever find yourself in London and you happen to be a book lover, I recommend to go and have a look in this bookshop yourself. I know I will the next time I’m around.

Now we had my highlight of the trip we had planned to go to Oxford street and see the Christmas lights. By this time my mood had changed drastically, my exhaustion had caught up with me and because of the many people that walk in Oxford street my anxiety got triggered. Not to mention that my feet were killing me and the heavy bag full of books we had no time to drop off. It was almost the entire time I was on Oxford street I felt this way, but luckily it melted away eventually. 

09:00 pm time to get some dinner before we head towards the hotel again.

What was I happy to finally lay in bed and have a proper rest to my swollen feet.
 
 
 
 
The Persephone shop: 59 Lamb's Conduit Street London.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten