woensdag 23 december 2015

What about December, 1 day until Christmas

The last couple of days this month I really struggled with finding posts to fill up what is left of my 25 posts in a month challenge. It’s because of this that I decided to write about how I experienced this past month’s challenge.

Well, it wasn’t quite what I expected. I expected it would be easier I suppose, that it would take less time and that my anxiety would be less triggered. I had no space left to do anything else creative, which I had planned. My head was constantly filled with to do lists and would go over and over those lists out of worry I would not make it.
This December I’ve done a lot of things that lay far away from my comfort zone; filming in public areas, in two of my posts, my face is to be seen (yes I feel insecure about  that), I have been posting posts and videos that could be read by anyone that is familiar and anyone who is not and I even give my opinion on something. Alright, I knew most of this already, I’ve always felt a little nervous when I posted something. But normally there was some time in between where I could pretend I did not or at least to get used to it. Now it was something that needed to be happening every single day.

Not that it was all bad, I have learned a lot about myself and my blog. Had a lot of practice with editing. Learned that I much rather take the time to create a post and create it the best I can than to do it quickly because it needs to be up soon. I feel much more confident that way. I discovered what posts I like to make and which ones I don’t. For example, I discovered that I really enjoyed making the clothes close-up videos (week 1, week 2 & week 3) more than I thought I would. So much even that I might make it into a monthly thing (not weekly, I do not have that many clothes). Don’t you worry my blog won’t turn into a fashion blog, there are people who can do that better, it will only be something extra to enjoy.
I’ve learned more about what direction I want my blog to take.

But above all I proved myself I could do this, I had my doubts. And of course to push myself out of my comfort zone is a good thing too.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten